Uganda is really the pearl of Africa, This country has many exciting sites of travel for your next vacation holiday. The most exciting everyone should take a look at are the mountain gorillas of Bwindi impenetrable forest. Lions, Elephants, Zebras, giraffes, buffaloes can be seen in any country of East Africa and Africa but the rare mountain gorillas can only be seen in the Virunga regions that is Parc National des Volcans in Rwanda and the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park in Uganda, these countries offer daily treks to habituated groups of mountain gorillas.
Gorilla trekking is the driving force of tourism in Uganda ( Uganda alone hosts more than 400 gorilla species in the Bwindi forest) even though the country is full of other wildlife safari attractions and activities. Many people are now doing excellent chimpanzee treks while in Uganda as well. Between Bwindi (where the gorillas are) and Kibale (where the best chimp viewing is) lies Queen Elizabeth National Park so it is usually included as well to see the general game for those doing both gorillas and chimps. Murchison Falls is a popular addition for those looking for an extended safari in Uganda. However, I believe some of the best experiences are in the rarely visited Kidepo and Semliki National Parks.
All of Uganda’s gorilla safari packages that take more than four days involve other activities such as visits to other wildlife destinations for game and sightseeing, you will find more primates in our packages such as the Chimpanzees, baboons, and monkeys. You won’t find some particular primates in East Africa such as the orangutans, the giant panda, and….. The Gorilla safaris vacation packages require a gorilla safari permit which must be booked at least 3 months before your trip to see the mountain gorillas. Some of our Gorilla safari clients have been lucky to get a permit within 2 weeks before they travel!!! Just inquire with the Uganda safari travel experts and they shall let you know the possibility of securing a permit to see these apes.
The mountain gorillas live in Bwindi forest national park and Parc Des Volcanoes in Rwanda. These Gorillas trails require some level of physical fitness since it involves hiking and tracking the gorillas from where they were last seen. You will only find the mountain gorillas in Uganda, Rwanda, and Congo. The rest of the gorillas you hear about are either the lowland gorillas or the western lowland gorillas.
Tour Companies to work with;
1. African Jungle Adventures (www.junglesafarisuganda.com) offers all amazing trips to the wild jungles of Uganda.
2. Experience Africa (www.safarisuganda.com) prides itself in satisfying every client and really wants to help you get the most out of your safari experience.
3. Gorilla Trek offers vast resources for planning and booking your safari in Uganda! They specialize in offering guided trips to the mountain gorillas in Africa.
4. Go Gorilla Trekking (www.gogorillatreking.com), are your travel specialist when it comes to planning a gorilla safari in Uganda. They will help ensure you have everything you need for your upcoming African safari trips. Their helpful staff is with you every step of the way through the planning of your trip.
5. Gorilla Safari Packages (www.gorillasafaripackages.com), a local tour operator specialized in offering luxury gorilla tours in Uganda. All our gorilla safari packages mainly focus on the joy of the Jungle.